BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange seeks a part-time 20 hour a week Marketing Associate to join the BAX Team. The position reports to Marketing & Communications Manager and will work with other BAX staff in the education, artists programs, and development departments in a collaborative environment. This is an exciting hand-on entry level position serving as key support in the smooth operation of the marketing department.
About The Position
The Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager and will assist the Marketing Department in communicating with audiences, artists, students and families to support the programs, events, classes and workshops at BAX.
- Maintaining the department’s schedules, timelines and calendars
- Developing, organizing and segmenting the organization’s Press List & Mailing List
- Formatting and developing newsletters and social media posts
- Planning and posting social media stories
- Replying to community inquiries on social media
- Assisting in organizing departmental files
- Pulling and coordinating the information necessary to implement various departmental initiatives (website, eblasts, social media, postcards, brochures, programs, etc)
- Researching alternative outreach opportunities
- Assisting the manager in overseeing interns and volunteers
- Proofreading various communications
- General office assistance
The Ideal Candidate:
- is highly organized and attentive to detail
- has strong ability to multitask
- works well autonomously
- is unafraid to ask questions
- has experience with various Social Media platforms (planning, posting, and developing)
- is interested in the performing arts and social justice
- is willing and excited to learn
- basic understanding of HTML and WordPress a plus
- Is fluent in English, both orally and written.
Salary: $18.50/hour, 20 hours per week.
Non-Exempt, flexible remote/in-person
Schedule is flexible and a combination of remote work and in-person depending on the candidate’s comfortability. Preferred schedule is 4 days a week sometime between the working hours of 9-6pm (ie, 5 hours per day)
This permanent non-exempt part time position is eligible for paid time off in addition to voluntary employee only contribution participation in BAX’s 403B plan, TransitChek, and Flexible Spending Account as well as perks such as access to complimentary BAX classes, rehearsal studio space, and performances.
Please email a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Associate”
Strongest candidates will familiarize themselves with BAX’s mission and values, communities, and programs. Your cover letter should include why BAX’s mission and work align with your career goals and your pursuit of this particular opportunity. Position open until filled. Starts immediately.
BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and developing an inclusive staff team. People of color, women, transgender and queer people, disabled people, and people from culturally, socially, and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.